Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'll Always Love You by Craig Ruhnke (First Recording in 1974)



Only few collectors are aware of the existence of the first recording of the song "I'll Always Love You" by Craig Ruhnke. Even the available Craig Ruhnke discography at CANOE--JAM! Music - Pop Encyclopedia did not specifically mention it. What is mentioned is his first single "My World" which was issued by WEA in 1974. However, I was lucky to have his first single for more than 8 years already since I started looking for the copy of my favorite "I'll Always Love You".


Craig Ruhnke's FIRST 45 rpm Single: My World/I'll Always Love You
Released by WEA
Label: Reprise
Year Released: 1974

The popular version of this song from Craig Ruhnke's Sweet Feelings LP below was posted already in my blog at:
http://emv710.blogspot.com/2009/02/ill-always-love-you-by-craig-ruhnke.html


"I'll Always Love You" by Craig Ruhnke is available on CD for the first time as a part of this compilation released in the Philippines:

1 comment:

  1. love it.....one of the purest love songs I have heard. its so mellow yet so powerful...its so nostalgic that it kind of extracts and brings out my emotions and lovely memories of the past.....

    ReplyDelete