Monday, April 12, 2010

Echo Valley 2-6809 by Wayne Newton



Whenever I googled "Echo Valley 2-6809" by Wayne Newton, the search always yielded David Cassidy's version with the Partridge Family. I couldn't find Wayne Newton's version on YouTube.

This gave me the reason to post this song for you to hear Wayne Newton's version. The song was written by Kathy Cooper and, surprisingly (to me, anyway), Rupert Holmes.

Wayne Newton's "Echo Valley 2-6809" was first released on this album:


ALBUM : Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
1972 Released by : Chelsea Records USA

Tracks :
A1 Love Doesn't Live Here Anymore
A2 Without You
A3 Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
A4 Baby, I'm A Want You
A5 Walkin' In The Sand
A6 I Believe In Music
B1 Superstar
B2 Take Good Care Of Yourself
B3 Echo Valley 2-6809
B4 We'll Sing In The Sunshine
B5 I'll Meet You Halfway

I got this song from a CD that was available before from Wayne Newton's official website only. But this track is merely a poor transfer from his vinyl album to CD. Here's the CD :


Produced by Wes Farrell for Carol Rock Productions, Inc
Label : Aries Records ( Las Vegas)
Date of released : Not indicated

No comments:

Post a Comment